Date Of Post: 22 Mar, 2018
Allahabad: The North Central Railway (NCR) is all set to redevelop its 3 prominent stations Allahabad, Mathura & Jhansi to a whole new level, with the work expected to be completed by this December, a senior official said. 70 stations across Indian Railways have been identified for redevelopment, according to a recent communique received from the Railway Board.
- M C Chauhan, General Manager, North Central Railway, said,”The works on the identified stations are to be completed by December 2018 and the emphasis will be on having a visible change in the station without unnecessary construction all over.”
- In order to effect such change, the DRMs will appoint architectural consultant for preparation of the overall architectural plan.
- Feedback/ideas will also be taken from local stakeholders.
- He added, special teams of officers from the Railway Board will associate with the DRMs in order to support them in this endeavour.
- On an average, an expenditure of Rs 15 to 20 crore per station will be incurred to bring about the proposed improvements at the identified stations, Chauhan said.
- These 70 stations are apart from the 600 stations that have to be redeveloped by the Indian Railway Station Development Corporation (IRSDC) and will be developed by the Zonal Railways in whose jurisdiction they are located, according to an official.
There are as many as 20 parameters across which the redevelopment will be done, these include-
- Improvement in the platform surface with granite
- Washable apron to improve sanitation
- Systematic collection and removal of garbage
- Provision of modular water kiosks and water ATMs
- Provision of stainless steel benches
- LED lighting to brighten up all areas
Image Credit: Biswarup Ganguly – Wikimedia Commons