Date of Post: 16 Oct, 2017
Noida: The first train of the Noida-Greater Noida Metro Rail corridor will arrive in early December. This will be a demo train & the rest of the 4-coach trains for the track will start arriving every fortnight thereafter, the officials of NMRC (Noida Metro Rail Corporation) said.
The trial train is likely to be despatched from China on October 25.
CRRC Is Supplying The Trains To DMRC
- CRRC, a Chinese state-owned rolling stock manufacturer, is supplying the trains to DMRC (Delhi Metro Rail Corporation) for the corridor.
- In March this year, a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was inked between the two companies.
- A total of 19 trains will run between Noida & Greater Noida corridor.
- The trials on the corridor will be conducted in December this year & the link will be operational by April 2018.
Progress Of The Metro Rail Project
- Currently, civil work on the Metro rail corridor is nearly 97 percent complete.
- Around 29 km of viaduct out of the 29.7km of the corridor has already been put in place by the DMRC.
- Also, the Corporation has started erecting OHE (Overhead Electrical) lines with around 1,100 electrical poles in place, out of the total 1,400.
- The structural work of all 21 stations along the corridor, including platforms, has been completed.
- All metro stations along the corridor are likely to be ready by October 31.
- The finishing work of all Metrorail stations is presently under way.
Image Credit : Noida Metro