Date Of Post: 11 May, 2018
The Trial Run of Aqua Line has started on the 10 km stretch which is from Greater Noida’s Depot Metro station to Noida’s Sector 149 Metro station .
- This is a part of the the 29.7km long Noida-Greater Noida ‘Aqua’ Metro line.
- They are yet to begin its trial on remaining 19.7km stretch between Sector 149 Metro station to Sector 71/51 Metro station, as the work on laying cables is still underway .
- The NMRC announced that the first line of the metro would be called the Aqua Lineback in 30 November 2016.
- Explaining the choice, NMRC managing director Santosh Yadav , then had stated, “Aqua signifies an eco-friendly colour, which is what we want to portray.”
- The Noida-Greater Noida Aqua line will connect 22 stations spanning 29.7 km and costs Rs 5,503 crore.
- In 2015, the NMRC ( Noida Metro Rail Corporation ) roped in the DMRC, which started work on this project in May, 2015.
- The 30km Noida-Greater Noida Metro Link is estimated to have a ridership of 1.2 lakh a day, which will rise to 4 lakh by 2031.
- Each train will have a capacity to carry 1,034 passengers
- CRRC Nanjing Puzhen, a Chinese state-owned manufacturer is supplying the rolling stock .
- The exact date of the full trial on the complete stretch of Aqua line is still unknown.
Image Credit: CRRC