Date of Post: 28 Feb, 2019
Over 3.24 lakh passengers took rides on the Noida-Greater Noida Metro in the first month .
- This comes to around 10,458 riders daily .
- From Republic day to February 25, the NMRC earned a total revenue of Rs 1.02 crore .
- It is an average daily earning of Rs 3.30 lakh and served 3.24 lakh passengers during the period .
- The single day ridership of 14,314 passengers which was recorded on the January 27 (Sunday), the second day after the launch of the Aqua Line was the highest .
- The same day the NMRC recorded its highest single day revenue of Rs 4.59 lakh.
- NMRC Executive Director P D Upadhyay said the public response has been “good” so far, considering the Aqua Line is a “stand alone” metro corridor.
- He was also positive about ridership going up next month when the Blue Line’s extended corridor that goes from Noida City Centre metro station to Electronic City (around Noida’s Sector 62 and Ghaziabad’s Indirapuram) is expected to start .
- The five stations that saw the highest number of riders (average daily) are Sector 51 (2,391), Pari Chowk (1,642), Knowledge Park (799), NSEZ (731) and Sector 142 (702) all of them except for Sector 142 also being the highest earners of revenue .
To know more about recent developments of of Metro–
( Please reach us at email@example.com for more information. )