Date of Post: 03 Sep, 2018
Noida: Users of Noida-Greater Noida Metro corridor (Aqua Line) will be able to use its smart card to also pay fares on city buses, parkings and even use it as a debit card for shopping at malls, senior officials said.
The NMRC (Noida Metro Rail Corporation) will have QR-coded paper tickets for single journeys, unlike the tokens of the Delhi Metro, and also have an option of checking in and out using a mobile app, they said.
- Officials said, however, the Aqua Line, that will begin from the Sector 71 station in Noida to end at the Depot Station in Greater Noida covering a stretch of 29.7-km via 21 stations, will not support the smart card used in the Delhi Metro.
- NMRC executive director P D Upadhyay said,”The NMRC has partnered with the State Bank of India (SBI) for the ‘City 1’ cards which could be used on the metro rail, Noida city buses, parkings and even used as debit card for shopping.”
- The NMRC has also saved Rs 100 crore by associating with the SBI in the project for the sale of tickets & cards, he said.
- He said,”This partnership is on a revenue sharing model. The entire investment is done by the SBI in return for revenue sharing.”
- The card will support multiple options for travelling like day-long passes, trip tickets and monthly passes.
- The official informed that during the initial days, tickets will be sold at the metro stations — which have two ticket counters and one customer care centre at each station — but later machines will be brought in at all stations for vending the QR-coded paper tickets as well as for topping up the ‘City 1’ cards.
- “The NMRC is aiming to launch the entire 29.7-km-long metro rail corridor in one go in November. The infrastructure work is complete, only the inspection work by the Commissioner of Metro Rail Safety (CMRS) and signalling stabilisation verification are remaining.”
To know more about recent developments of Noida Metro-
Image Credit: NMRC
Narinder Sharma is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and marketing executive.
His interest is in the Railways , Metro and Transportation Sector of India .
Please reach us at email@example.com for more information .