Date of Post: 21 Aug, 2018
Noida: The NMRC (Noida Metro Rail Corporation), on Monday, started the full fledged trials on the 29.7 km long Noida-Greater Noida Aqua metro corridor. The 3rd part of the trial run has started on the 5.7 km long Noida’s sector-83 to sector-71 stretch from Monday.
Executive Director NMRC P D Upadhyay said,”The trial runs on other stretches of the Aqua line are already being done. Now, with the remaining stretch of the metro track being opened for testing, the trial run can now be made on the entire 29.7 km long metro link between Noida and Greater Noida.”
- Already, the DMRC is conducting the test run between Greater Noida Depot to sector 83.
- The trials earlier began in 2 phases, between Greater Noida Depot metro station to sector-147 in April, which was extended to sector 83 metro station in July.
- The trial runs are being monitored by RDSO (Research Designs & Standards Organisation).
- The track will undergo signaling technology and other rigorous testing in stages.
- A senior official of NMRC said,”During these runs, interface of the metro train will be checked to ensure that there is no physical infringement with civil infrastructure during the movement of the train on the track.”
- “The response of the train at different speeds, braking, and the interconnection with the OCC (Operations Control Centre) will also be monitored during the trials,”
- the official said.
- The official added ,”The behaviour of the track system and the OHE (Over Head Electrification) will be checked repeatedly. Once the trial run is complete, the much awaited metro track will be opened for public use”.
Narinder Sharma is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and marketing executive.
His interest is in the Railways , Metro and Transportation Sector of India .
Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information .