Date of Post: 11 Aug, 2018
Noida: The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) will assist the Noida Rail Metro Corporation (NMRC) over the next one year in operating the Noida-Greater Noida Metro rail service, which is expected to begin later this year, according to an agreement signed on Friday.
About the agreement-
- The NMRC entered into the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the DMRC for taking up the operation of the 30 km long Aqua Line on “full-fledged” basis.
- The MoU was signed by DMRC Executive Director (Operations) Vikas Kumar and his NMRC counterpart P D padhyay in the presence of NMRC Managing Director Alok Tandon and DMRC Director (Operations) A K Garg, the release said.
- An official statement said,”Now the DMRC operations and maintenance staff comprising around 100 officers and supervisors would provide hand-holding support to the NMRC.”
- It said, the DMRC’s support would include training to the freshly recruited NMRC workforce over the next 1 year with a provision for future extension.
- In the meantime, non-executive staff for operation and maintenance has been recruited by the NMRC through the DMRC and their training is under progress.
- Extensive trials were undergoing between the Depot station and the Sector 81 station (23 km), NMRC officials said.
- The trials are likely to be extended over the entire corridor (30 km) by next week.
- The NMRC said,”This would mark a significant mileage in the time-bound completion of Metro works since the signalling trials over such a long corridor has not been done earlier in such a short span of time.”
- The RDSO (Research Designs & Standards Organisation), has already conducted oscillation trials on a stretch of 10 km (from Depot station to Sector 147) and the report is expected shortly.
- Both the RSS (Receiving Sub-Station) have now been commissioned and power can be made available from both the sources to the train operations and station requirements.
- The statement said, Auxiliary Substation (ASS) at all 21 metro stations have also been commissioned.
- The signalling trials are to be completed by September, after which the section can be offered to the CMRS (Commissioner for Metro Rail Safety) for inspection based on the success of these trials and timely availability of report from the Independent Safety Assessor.
- According to the NMRC, a total of 11 trains are required to start the commercial operations immediately.
- As on date, 5 trains are already undergoing extensive testing, while the next 6 are expected to be delivered in September.
- The Aqua line will have 19 rakes with 4 cars each.
- These are all lightweight cars made of stainless steel.
- Each train is equipped with a passenger information system, a public address system and an emergency announcement system.
- The NMRC said,”Besides, all the stations will be equipped with platform screen doors.”
To know more about recent developments of Noida Metro-
Image Credit: NMRC
Narinder Sharma is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and marketing executive.
His interest is in the Railways , Metro and Transportation Sector of India.
Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.