Date of Post: 03 Nov, 2017
Noida: The first train of the 29.7km long Noida-Greater Noida Metro Rail was dispatched on Thursday from Nanjing in China. Officials said, this is a trial train that is expected to reach the Greater Noida depot by the second week of December. It will be shipped from Shanghai port to Mundra port in Gujarat and the journey will take around three weeks. Once it reaches Mundra port, the train will be sent to the Greater Noida depot.
- Alok Tandon, managing director of Noida Metro Rail Corporation (NMRC),”It is good news as connectivity of NCR is set to get enhanced. The Noida-Greater Noida Metro project is running on schedule and with the dispatch of the first train from China, we expect the trials to begin before the end of this year.”
- Thereafter, the second train will arrive by the December-end.
- In total, 19 train of four coaches each will be manufactured & shipped by CRRC Nanjing Corporation Limited, which is supplying trains to DMRC (Delhi Metro Rail Corp.) for the corridor.
Progress Of The Metro Project:
- At present, the civil work on the under-construction Metro track is around 98 percent complete, with only 7 of total 2,500 girders left for lifting, officials said.
- Of the 29.7km of viaduct of the corridor, nearly 29 km has already been put in place by the DMRC.
- Also, of the total 60 km of rail track, around 30 km has been laid till now.
- The finishing work of 21 Metro stations is presently underway.