Date of Post: 20 Nov, 2018
Noida: The Noida-Greater Noida Metro corridor (Aqua Line) would be operational soon. The infrastructure work on the Aqua Line, whose construction started in May 2015, has been completed and is currently under inspection by the CMRS (commissioner of Metro Rail Safety).
- The NMRC, recently, entered into an agreement with a private firm for the solar energy project of the Aqua Line which would run between Sector 71 station in Noida and the Depot Station in Greater Noida, covering 29.7 km.
- The NMRC said in a statement,”Solar panels will be installed on the roofs of all the 21 stations of the Noida-Greater Noida Metro corridor. These panels will also be installed in the parking areas and boundary walls of the metro stations.”
- It said, a total 10 MW power would be generated by the solar panels which would be use at the metro stations, the depot and in the parking areas.
- The NMRC would be charged at Rs 3.25 per unit for the power, which, it claimed, is the “lowest tariff” for any metro rail service using solar power.
- The private partner, Sukhbir Agro Energy Limited, was selected after a tender was floated for the purpose by the DMRC (Delhi Metro Rail Corporation), which is assisting the NMRC on the Aqua Line.
- According to the statement,”A power purchase agreement was signed between the NMRC and Messrs Sukhbir Agro Energy Limited. Manoj Vajpayee, the general manager (technical), signed the agreement for NMRC while Sumit Sood signed the contract for the Delhi-based firm.”
- The agreement has been signed for 10 years, NMRC Executive Chairman P D Upadhyay said.
- During this period the company would install the infrastructure and provide power to all NMRC-operated metro stations.
- Upadhyay said,”The work has started and is likely to get completed within the next 6 months.”
To know more about recent developments of Noida Metro–
Deepak Kumar is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and analyst .
His focus is on new initiatives on the Railway Sector of India .
Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information .