Date of Post: 12 Dec, 2018
New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi is likely to inaugurate the Noida-Greater Noida (Aqua Line) metro corridor on December 25. The soon to be opened Aqua Line would run between Sector 71 station in Noida and the Depot Station in Greater Noida, covering 29.7 km through 21 stations.
- The infrastructure work on the Aqua Line, whose construction started in May 2015, has been completed and is currently under inspection by the CMRS (commissioner of Metro Rail Safety).
- The Noida Rail Metro Corporation (NMRC) has inked a MoU (Memorandum of Understanding) with the DMRC (Delhi Metro Rail Corporation) to oversee the maintenance & operations of the Metro corridor for initial years.
- Solar panels will be installed on the roofs of all the 21 stations of the Noida-Greater Noida Metro corridor.
- These panels will also be installed in the parking areas and boundary walls of the metro stations.
- A total 10 MW power would be generated by the solar panels which would be use at the metro stations, the depot and in the parking areas.
- According to the NMRC, a total of 11 trains are required to start the commercial operations immediately.
- The Aqua line will have 19 rakes with 4 cars each.
- These are all lightweight cars made of stainless steel.
- Each train is equipped with a passenger information system, a public address system and an emergency announcement system.
- The NMRC said,”Besides, all the stations will be equipped with platform screen doors.”
To know more about recent developments of Noida Metro-
Deepak Kumar is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and analyst .
His focus is on new initiatives on the Railway Sector of India .
Please reach us at email@example.com for more information