Date of Post: 22 Dec, 2018
Noida: The Noida Metro Rail Corporation (NMRC) gets the approval to launch commercial operations of the Aqua Line. A final and mandatory safety inspection report has given the NMRC the approval to launch commercial operations of the Aqua Line, officials said on Friday.
- The NMRC has now written to the Uttar Pradesh government to finalise the date of inauguration of the much-awaited Aqua Line.
- The Aqua line would run between Sector 71 station in Noida and the Depot Station in Greater Noida, covering 29.7 km through 21 stations.
- NMRC Executive Director PD Upadhyay said,”The Commissioner of Metro Rail Safety (CMRS) report has been received and it has its sanction for the commercial operations of the metro service.”
- The report also praised the civil and track work of the metro system, Upadhyay said.
- NMRC’s managing director has written to the state government for finalizing the date of inauguration, said Upadhyay, who was in Lucknow on December 21, handed over a letter to Chief Secretary Anup Chandra Pandey.
- The fares of the Aqua Line would be decided in the NMRC Board meeting scheduled on December 28, he also said.
- He added,”Chairman Sanjay K Murthy, the additional secretary to the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs will chair the meeting.”
To know more about recent developments of Noida Metro –
Narinder Sharma is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and marketing executive.
His interest is in the Railways , Metro and Transportation Sector of India .
Please reach us at email@example.com for more information .