Date of Post: 13 Nov, 2017
JAMMU: Nine new platforms, entry gate & washing lines are soon be constructed, at Jammu Tawi Railway Station, Northern Railways, GM, Vishbesh Chaubey said.
The General Manager, who was on his maiden visit, said, “New platforms will be constructed at Jammu Tawi Railway Station to de-congest rush of visitors.”
Construction Work On PPP
- The GM said,“The work will start soon on construction of platforms and it will begin on PPP mode.”
- “Nine new platforms and new entry gate will be constructed at an estimated cost of Rs 180 crore,” he said.
Washing Lines At The Station
- Also, washing lines will be increased at the station to avoid rush of trains at the yard, Chaubey said.
- He said,“New washing yard will also be set up at Railway Station, Bari Brahmana, as rails during foggy weather conditions arrive late and go to washing yard for cleaning following which departure is delayed.”
- He added, currently, there are 3 washing lines and 5 more will be raised so that delay in departure of trains due to trains standing at the washing yard can be prevented.