Date of Post : 14 July, 2017
Meerut: The Commissioner of Railway Safety (CRS), Northern Circle, Shailesh Kumar Pathak, on Thursday inspected the newly laid second line between Meerut and Daurala.
- All the work have been completed on the line.
- The Trains on this line would roll out from Today.
- This line is a part of the Meerut-Saharanpur doubling project.
- R P Sharma, station superintendent, Meerut (city) railway station said, “The 14-km long stretch has been given a green signal in the first phase. The track and overhead electrification is all fine and trains will start running from Friday. Earlier, trains on the route had to be stopped as it was a single line. But now, train travel time will decrease by at least 20 minutes.”
- On Thursday, Pathak inspected the second line on board a motor trolley and conducted puja on the track.
- The double line is part of the 151-km long Ghaziabad-Meerut-Saharanpur route electrification project and has an estimated cost of Rs 151 crore.
- Approved by the Central Organisation for Railway Electrification, the project will not only make the rail travel eco-friendly but will also reduce the time of travel between Ghaziabad and Saharanpur.