Date of Post: 5 Mar 2019
Recently,The New Terminus at the Suburban Railway Station in Parel,Mumbai was inaugurated by Union Railway Minister Shri Piyush Goyal .
- The Central Railway,inaugurated a new suburban terminus at Parel for local trains to decongest and reduce passenger traffic at Parel Railway station.
- With New Developments in Mumbai Rail Network , works worth Rs 20,000 crore are underway while works worth Rs 55,000 crore have been approved under MUTP 3A, which will begin soon.
- Many routes have been planned as elevated corridors so that land does not become an issue.
- Also , the MoU (Memorandum of Understanding) between the RLDA (Railways Land Development Authority) and Dharavi Redevelopment Authority was also signed for the Dharavi redevelopment project.
- The railways will lease 45 acres of land as part of the mega redevelopment project in this area
To know more about recent developments of of Railways –
( Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. )