Date of Post: 03 Dec, 2018
The second new Tejas train will be operated between Chennai and Madurai, a senior official said. The coaches of this fully air-conditioned train equipped with modern entertainment system, modular toilets, smart windows, GPS-based passenger information system among other features had been produced at the Integral Coach Factory, Chennai.
Tejas Express is set to undergo a swanky makeover. Railways is rolling out 23 new coaches packed with modern facilities such as comfortable leather seats, motor-operated windows & personal infotainment LCD screens pic.twitter.com/N201sEeFZc
— Piyush Goyal (@PiyushGoyal) December 1, 2018
- The official said,”This is the first time that we have manufactured an ultra-modern train for Tamil Nadu.”
- Since last year, the first Tejas train is being operated between Mumbai and Goa.
- The official said that the second train was initially earmarked for the Northern Railway, but had now been alloted to the Southern Railway.
- It would be operated in the Chennai-Madurai route and the date of launch of the new service and the schedule would be announced later by the Southern Railway, he said.
- It would have 23 chair car and executive class coaches, which are fitted with-
- LED lights
- Fibre-reinforced plastic (FRP) interior panels
- Luxurious seats
- Modular toilets
- Smart windows with motor-operated venetian blinds
- Automatic doors in the passenger area
- Sliding coach doors
- The official said that the normal chair car has 78 seats, while the executive class 56 seats.
- This is the second premier train to be rolled out from the ICF since last month after the Train 18, billed as the country’s first locomotive-less train.
To know more about recent developments of Railways–
Deepak Kumar is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and analyst .
His focus is on new initiatives on the Railway Sector of India .
Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information .