Date of Post: 24 Oct, 2018
New Delhi: The CCEA (Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs) approved today a new railway line between Bahraich and Khalilabad in Uttar Pradesh. The ministry said, “The new line will serve five districts of Uttar Pradesh including four aspirational districts i.e. Bahraich, Balrampur, Shravasti and Siddharth Nagar and Sant Kabirnagar.
- The Ministry said in a statement that the project will generate direct employment for about 58 lakh man-days.
- The Estimated cost of this project is Rs 4,939.78 crore and it will be completed by 2024-25.
- This line is significant for tourism as it passes through Shravasti district is an important tourist place and is close with the life of Gautam Buddha.
- Bahraich, Balrampur, Shravasti and Siddharth Nagar districts are among the 115 aspirational districts identified by NITI Aayog.
- Therefore, this project is needed for better socio-economic development of the hinterland of this area with the help of rail network.
To know more about recent developments of Railways-
Deepak Kumar is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and analyst .
His focus is on new initiatives on the Railway Sector of India .
Please reach us at email@example.com for more information .