New Production Facility of Wabtec, Texmaco JV Inaugurated in Kolkata

New Production Facility of Wabtec, Texmaco JV Inaugurated in Kolkata

Want create site? With Free visual composer you can do it easy.

Date of Post: 16 Aug, 2018

Kolkata: Wabtec and Texmaco had the grand opening, on Tuesday, of their joint venture facility in Kolkata. The JV between Texmaco Ltd and US-based Wabtec Corporation would manufacture specialised and value-added products for Indian Railways at the Adventz Group company’s Belgharia facility near Kolkata.

More Information:

  • The new facility will serve as the manufacturing home to Wabtec’s leading global product lines in freight and locomotive brake shoes, truck mounted brakes and cushioning systems.
  • While Wabtec would hold 60% in the JV, Texmaco would control the remaining 40% in Wabtec Texmaco Rail Private Ltd.
  • Texmaco, which was primarily engaged in manufacture of wagons for Indian Railways (IR), was now gradually shifting its focus on the non-wagon business, chairman of Texmaco Saroj Poddar said.
  • Poddar said,”Our 50 per cent of revenue is generated from IR and the balance from the private sector. We also manufacture wagons for the private sector, where the revenue from non-wagon portion was higher.”
  • The non-wagon business of Texmaco comprises EPC (signalling system), foundry and hydro-mechanicals.
  • The company also supplies components to global companies like GE and Alstom, he said.
  • Active discussions were on with quite a few other overseas firms to diversify the product range, he added.
  • Ray Betler, President & CEO of Wabtec, said its merger with GE Transportation would give greater access to the product range across the globe.
  • Texmaco is expecting revenue of Rs 2,000 crore in the 2018-19 fiscal, Poddar added.

Author:

Narinder Sharma is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and marketing executive.
His interest is in the Railways , Metro and Transportation Sector of India .
Please reach us at editor@railanalysis.com for more information .


 

Did you find apk for android? You can find new Free Android Games and apps.

Leave a Reply

Be the First to Comment!

Notify of
avatar