Date of Post : 29 July, 2017
Belapur: The Nerul-Belapur-Uran route rail project may get rolling by the end of 2017.
CIDCO MD Bhushan Gagrani has fast-tracked the ongoing project & directed the Central Railway to complete the work.
Both CIDCO & CR have agreed to a 67:33 cost-sharing formula.
A CIDCO official said,”We have laid one track along the stretch to Kharkopar and work is on to complete the other track.”
- The official said, Central Railways also needs to complete the signalling & electrification work & do the trial runs for obtaining the safety certificate.
- “We are responsible for building 4 new stations on the new Uran link corridor and we have asked the railways to complete the work,” Cidco chief engineer Sanjay Chotaliya said.
- CIDCO has decided to complete the work on 2 out of the 4 stations on the new link corridor.
- The town planning body has kept the work of one station under abeyance while the fourth one is in the tendering stage to finalise the bidder.
- The first 4 stations are:
- Chotaliya added, since Sagarsangam is close to Seawoods & Belapur and there is not much traffic in the area, CIDCO has kept the construction of this station in abeyance while Targhar is in the tendering stage.
- The work on the other railway stations — Bamandongri & Kharpokar is underway.
The new stations on the Uran link corridor are –
- Nhava Sheva