Date of Post: 31 Jan,
The National Capital Region Transport Corporation (NCRTC) has started the Initial Pile Load Test for its upcoming civil structure on the Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut RRTS (Regional Rapid Transit System) corridor, according to a release. First Pile load test was initiated in the morning on Wednesday, near Mohan Nagar Flyover in Sahibabad, Ghaziabad, it said.
- During the test, NCRTC Managing Director Vinay Kumar Singh and other senior officers were present.
- RRTS is being implemented for the first time in the country and this test is very crucial in determining the type of civil structures, it will require for high-speed train operation (180 kmph), on a viaduct, it said.
- This test will give data for actual static & dynamic load carrying capacities of piles of different diameters & lengths which will be used in the RRTS viaducts and elevated structure of stations, the release said.
- This will be done on test piles cast on the respective locations on this corridor, it said.
- To ensure optimum safety parameters, three times vertical load will be tested against actual design requirements.
- The initial pile load testing is expected to be completed in 2 months, it said.
To know more about recent developments of Railways –
All image Credit: NCRTC
( Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. )