New Delhi : Delhi Meerut RRTS, a 92 km long under development, rapid rail transit system which connects Delhi to Meerut via Ghaziabad.
Appointment of Interim Detailed Design Consultant:
For this Corridor, NCRTC has appointed a consortium of M/s Egis Rail- M/s INECO and M/s Egis India as Interim Detailed Design Consultant for first section of Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut RRTS.
The construction of the corridor will be taken up when the consultant finalizes the detailed design of elevated viaduct and general parameters like the maximum moving dimensions, track centers etc.
Egis enjoys the reputation of being one of the key players in developing urban Mass Rapid Transit Systems as well as long distance high-speed rail in India. The Company has partnered public clients, railway operators, PPP developers with international and local funding, in developing world-class rail transport systems in the country. Egis in India is involved in pre-bid and post-bid services for most core rail activities.
Delhi Meerut RRTS Corridor Details :
Owner : National Capital Region Transport Corporation (NCRTC)
Length : 92 Km
Average Speed : 100 Km/h
Top Speed : 160 Km/h
The Corridor gets green signal from the Government of Uttar Pradesh on 19 May, 2017. The government approved the Detailed Project Report and Proposed project.
- Elevated Route : 60.35 Km of the total length will be elevated.
- Underground Section : 30.25 Km is underground
- 1.45 Km will be at grade.
- The route is entirely designed for a maximum speed of 180 km/h and an operating speed of 160 km/h and the average speed being 100 km/h.
- The Corridor Starts from Sarai Kale Khan in Delhi and terminates at Modipuram in Meerut.