Pune: Hyderabad-based infrastructure construction company NCC has bagged the first construction contract for the Pune Metro rail. This is a Rs 499-crore (approx US$ 77.6 Million) bid for the construction of elevated metro rail viaducts for the 10.75 km of the metro line. Four companies were shortlisted for the first of the construction tenders for the metro rail.
- Afcon Infrastructure, Simplex Infrastructure Ltd, NCC, and Gayatri Projects & Major Bridge Engineering Co as a JV. Maha Metro MD Brijesh Dixit said NCC offered a very competitive rate & it was in line with the what was quoted for the Nagpur Metro.
- NCC is also executing a project for the Nagpur Metro rail.
- Dixit said, Construction work is likely to begin in a week in the Pimpri Chinchwad-Range Hills stretch.
- This is the first stretch on the north-south corridor for which the tender was floated for the Rs 11,420-crore (approx US$ 1775.6 Million) high-capacity Pune Metro project.
- North-south corridor is being executed by Maha Metro, a Govt. of India & Maharashtra government JV. Pune Metro rail Phase I has 2 corridors running east-west
- & north-south — a 16.59-km line from PCMC to Swargate and 14.93 km from Vanaz to Ramwadi.
- The tender for the construction of the 7.15 Kilometres elevated viaduct of the east-west corridor of the project opens on May 15.
- With this work on 18 km is set to start and this is more that 50% of the proposed 31 km planned, Dixit said
- They will be able to meet the December 19 target in line with the progress made at the Nagpur Metro rail.
- The first 5.5 km of the Nagpur Metro rail will open in the second half of this year and thereafter they will continue to open 6 km every six months, Dixit said.
- 7 companies have evinced interest in this corridor from Vanaz to Civil Cour.
-IL&FS Engineering and Construction Company
-ITD Cementation India
To Find Rail Analysis on Facebook For latest opportunities, news, events and much more
Send your comments, suggestions and tips to email@example.com