Date of Post: 13 July, 2017
Navi Mumbai: The Cidco Metro project has now picked up pace. Recently, officials from CIDCO said that they are confident of completing the project by December 2018.
- BEML Limited, Bangalore delivered the catenary maintenance vehicle (CMV) to Cidco, in January.
- With its arrival, work on the systems & technical aspect of the project has picked up pace.
- There will be 11 stations between the 11 kilometer long Belapur & Pendhar route.
- “We had earlier invited tenders for the construction of the metro stations. However, not many companies responded to it so we had to call for tenders again. We are confident that the construction of the stations will begin soon,” senior public relations officer of Cidco, Mohan Ninawe, said.
- “Work on Taloja flyover was stuck as we were waiting for Railways’ permission but now the work is underway,” Ninawe said.
- “The signalling work has been done and tracks have been laid. Taking into consideration the schedule for the rest of the work, the first phase of the project will be completed by December 2018,” he added.