Date of Post: 07 Aug, 2018
Nagpur: Work begins on Pre-Engineered Building (PEB) structure at Airport Metro Station. For this, Maha Metro is working at 90 ft height in the sky at Airport Metro Station.
- Construction at this height is a record in itself.
- In the case of Airport Station, the PEB covers the entire length 77.5m of the platform.
- The structure is follows the urban architectural theme.
- The Metro team is using some heavy and light components for the construction of this snow-white structure.
- Once completed the height of main column from the platform-3 level would be 5.2 meter, whereas the total height of structure from concrete to top would be 16.78 meters.
- The total area covered by this structure on platform level is 2,108 square metre.
- Once completed the PEB would act as roof for the station campus.