Date Of Post : 20 Jan, 2018
Nagpur: The second inspection of the at grade stretch of Nagpur Metro would be held in February by the Commissioner of Metro Rail Safety (CMRS).
Brief On The Inspection
- The first inspection was held on January 16
- There is a gap of 20 days between the two inspections customarily.
- The commercial operations of this section will start in February end or March depending on the time taken by the CMRS to issue the final certificate.
- On Tuesday, Jain accompanied by deputy commissioners of railway safety (DCRS) GP Garg and Uttam Prakash had inspected the at grade stretch of Nagpur Metro.
- They also had reviewed the Mihan train maintenance depot.
- The team of CMRS had inspected passenger facilities and other operation rooms at the station.
The First Inspection
- Source said, during the first inspection, Arvind Kumar Jain, CMRS, central circle, Mumbai, had inspected
- The Brake System
- Evacuation System
- On Board Safety Measures For Passengers
- Passenger Facilities
- Machines like hydraulic jack and shunter, emergency rescue equipment etc.
The Second Inspection
- The CMRS will test the track and stations, during the second inspection.
- “If Jain is satisfied with our equipment and facilities he will issue a certificate within some days. Else he may ask us to take action on some fronts,” the source further said.
Image Credit: Nagpur Metro