Date of Post: 23 Oct, 2017
Nagpur: The RDSO (Research Design & Standards Organization) will hold the confirmatory trial of metro rail at grade section from Mihan Depot – Airport South station, in the first week of November. Already, Maha-metro has begins the oscillation trial of Nagpur metro rail. Maha-metro has sent a communication to RDSO informing it that Nagpur Metro would be ready for trial by October 31.
- A two-member team of RDSO would come to Nagpur & verify the results of Maha-metro’s trial.
- The Metro agency officials were noting down the results of oscillation trial, a source in Mahametro said.
- He added,”These results would be handed over to the RDSO officials. If they want, they can run the train and record the oscillations.”
- As per the earlier plan, RDSO were to camp for a month & run the train themselves & record the oscillations.
- Now, Maha-metro will hold the trials & RDSO will only verify the data thus obtained.
- Brijesh Dixit, MD, Maha-metro has set a target of commissioning the Nagpur Metro by the end of the December.
- Once RDSO clears, Maha-metro will apply to CMRS (commissioner of Metro Rail Safety) for a green signal.
- only after CMRS nod, the commercial operation of Nagpur Metro’s at grade section can begin.
- CMRS would test the technical aspects of the project, the security arrangements & passenger amenities at Metro stations, signalling & telecommunication equipment, security arrangements in the train among other.