Date of Post: 19 Feb, 2019
MahaMetro Nagpur started its trial run from Khapri Station to Ajni Railway Station. The metro train ran on a stretch of 11.50 kms on Monday afternoon. The team of RDSO (Research Design and Standards Organisation) conducted the ‘Oscillation Trials’ of the Metro coaches.
- The 3-coach train moved at a distance of 10, 20 and finally 45 kmph.
- The 11-member RDSO team monitored the train movement for some of the major safety parameters including Emergency Brake Distance (EBD) System, Acceleration and Deceleration of Train, Oscillation etc.
- Sand Bags were kept in the train, as part of the various tests conducted by RDSO.
- The tests were conducted under dry and weight conditions.
- The RDSO team has conducted ‘Oscillation trial’ from Khapri Metro station to Congress Nagar Metro station.
- This was first movement of the train on this track.
- After certification of Commissioner of Metro Rail Safety (CMRS), the train will be ready for its commercial operations.
- The RDSO team was accompanied by officials from Maha Metro Nagpur.
- MahaMetro is likely to launch its operation in first week of March.
To know more about recent developments of Nagpur Metro –
06 Feb, 2019: Nagpur Metro to be operational by February-end
( Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. )
Image Credit : Yogesh Deshpande