Date of post: 15 Jan, 2019
Maharashtra Government has given its nod to second Phase of Nagpur Metro Rail Project. The total length of Nagpur Metro from Kanhan to Butibori will be 52 kilometers, after this phase. The total cost of the project is Rs 11,260 crore.
* This will boost connectivity in semi-urban areas of Nagpur district, Dr Brijesh Dixit, MD of Maha Metro said.
* The Phase-2 covers rural parts of Nagpur district and will serve as an extension to ongoing phase-1.
* Now, the proposal will send to Central Government for its nod, Dixit said.
* The phase-2 will cater need of 8 lakh population of the district while first phase will provide services to 13.38 lakh population.
* The proposed phase will spread over 48.3 kilometers length with 35 stations.
* The first phase is spread over 38.215 kilometers with 38 stations.
* It is estimated to create additional commuting potential for 2.9 lakh commuters per day by the year 2024.
* With Phase-1 and Phase-2, the total commuting potential of the project is expected to be 5.5 lakh commuters per day.
* The total cost of the both projects is Rs 19,896 crore.
To know more about recent developments of Nagpur Metro –
Deepak Kumar is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and analyst .
His focus is on new initiatives on the Railway Sector of India .
Please reach us at email@example.com for more information .