Date of Post: 25 Sep, 2017
Nagpur: Nitin Gadkari, Union Minister for Road Transport & Shipping has instructed Dr Dixit to make plan for Metro Rail Phase-2. Also, local administration will provide commercial land to connect Kanhan, Butibori, Koradi and Kapsi in the second phase, he informed. Gadkari speaking during a meeting held at Hotel Radisson Blu, on Friday.
Inter-Modal Station (IMS) in Ajni & Multi-Modal Logistics Park at Khapri
- Nagpur will soon get an Inter-Modal Station (IMS) in Ajni & Multi-Modal Logistics Park at Khapri, Nitin Gadkari has instructed NHAI (National Highway Authority of India) & Maha-Metro to finalise tender and release work order till March for the project.
- The Bhoomipujan for both projects will take place after finalising the tender & work order, Gadkari informed, in presence of State CM Devendra Fadnavis.
- This pilot project of Inter-Model Station in Ajni aimed to create a centralised & integrated infrastructure facility linking bus stop, metro station & railway station in the city.
- Similarly, Multi Modal Logistics Park at Khapri will construct.
- Fund Already Reserved For Both Projects In The Budget
- As it require Rs 1,400 crore (approx US$ 215.3 Million), already Rs 1,600 crore (approx US$ 246 Million) fund reserved for both projects, in Central Government’s budget.
- The Inter-Modal Station projects require Rs 975 crore (approx US$ 150 Million) & Multi-Modal Logistic Park in Khapri required Rs 425 crore (approx US$ 65.3 Million) respectively.