Date of Post: 13 Dec, 2017
Nagpur: The MahaMetro’s Hingna yard has cast 1,150 segments till now for the Nagpur Metro Rail project and has a target of casting 3,500 segments in 24 months. Every day, a total of 21 units including 15 segments & 6 I-Girders are cats in this unit. These segments are later sent to work sites & launched.
- The casting unit is spread over 23 acre plot.
- A segment around weighs upto 40 ton.
- The casting of segment & girders under the watchful eyes of experts posted at the Yard.
- The segments required for metro rail project work in Reach-III is cast at the Hingna unit.
- Various technical aspects of the project are taken care of while a segment is cast at the Hingna unit.
Image Credit: Nagpur Metro