Date of Post: 07 Nov, 2017
Nagpur: MahaMetro (Maharashtra Metro Rail Corporation Limited) has sent the trial run results of 5.2km long at grade section to RDSO (Research Design & Standards Organization). If they find the results satisfactory, they may not come to Nagpur for verification of data, the RDSO officials had told MahaMetro.
The agency officials had been conducting oscillation trial since past one month, a source in Mahametro said.
- He said,”We have fitted an oscillation monitoring system (OMS) in one of the coaches. It measures the oscillation when the train moves. So far, all the results have been within stipulated limits, which means that our track is okay.”
- If the RDSO is satisfied with MahaMetro’s oscillation test results, it will issue an interim certificate.
- Armed with this certificate, MahaMetro will approach the commissioner of Metro rail safety (CMRS) for final go ahead.
- Already, MahaMetro officials have approached CMRS, who is likely to come to Nagpur in last week of November.
CMRS To Inspect Nagpur Metro
- CMRS nod is important for starting commercial operations.
- After CMRS gives the green signal, MahaMetro will start commercial operation in the end of the December.
- CMRS will check all the aspects of at grade section of Nagpur Metro including the three Metro stations.
The Three Stations Are-
- New Airport
- Airport South