Date of Post : 11 Oct, 2018
Nagpur: MahaMetro (Nagpur) will receive two metro trains of 3 coaches each in December 2018. These coaches are being manufactured at China Railway Rolling Stock Corporation Limited (CRRC) facility at Dalian, China. MahaMetro had placed an order for 69 coaches for Nagpur Metro Rail Project.
- While the first set of 3 Coaches has been manufactured various equipment required are being assembled and another set of second train set is under manufacturing process at the Plant.
- The coaches would be delivered at Nagpur MIHAN Car Depot.
- The Rolling Stock has priority seating arrangement for pregnant women, disabled and elderly passengers.
- Dedicated space for 2 wheelchairs has also been ensured.
About The coaches-
- While the interior design matches the best across Metro world, the seats have been ergonomically designed and are made of stainless steel.
- The coaches provide for draught screen, grab poles, grab handles and grab rails for standing passengers.
- Passenger Information Display System (PIDS), LCD-based Digital Route Maps (DRM), Passenger Saloon Surveillance System (PSSS), Automatic Voice Announcement System (AVAS), modern interior panels are other essential features which have been added.
- As part of safety measures two fire extinguishers under the seat and passenger alarm device allowing two-way speech channel to be established with train operator has also been provided.
To know more about recent developments of Nagpur Metro-
Deepak Kumar is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and analyst .
His focus is on new initiatives on the Railway Sector of India .
Please reach us at email@example.com for more information .