Date of Post: 05 Oct, 2017
Nagpur: Mahagenco (Maharashtra State Power Generation Corporation Ltd) offered Mahametro to install solar panels for Nagpur metro rail project.
Mahametro plans to meet 65% power demand through solar panels & the total installed capacity required is 14 MW.
- The solar panels will be installed on top of the Metro stations, on viaduct & boundary walls of the at grade (ground level) section.
- A meeting of officials of the two agencies was held in Mumbai last week.
- Mahagenco asked Mahametro to make it the project implementation agency (PIA) for solarization.
- A Source said,”We are waiting for a letter from Mahametro making us the PIA. We will float the tender on behalf of Mahametro immediately. We are aware that the agency wants solar power in next 2 to 3 months.”
- Mahagenco wants to go in for maximum possible solar generation on Nagpur Metro rail infrastructure.
Image Credit: http://www.metrorailnagpur.com/