Nagpur: A team of official from KFW, Germany on Monday arrived in City to inspect the ongoing work of Metro Rail project in the Nagpur. During the inspection, the 6-member team traveled in a metro train between Airport South and Khapri stations. The team expressed satisfaction over the ongoing work of the Metro project.
- It may be mentioned that the work on Nagpur Metro started 34 months back and is likely to be completed soon.
- The KFW will be funding Rs 4,500 crores for the Nagpur Metro project at different phases of its development.
- The bank has so far given 15 to 20 percent of the amount.
- In the first phase, works for the project is being done from Sitabuldi to Hingna, Khapri, Pardi and Automotive Square, which will likely to cost around Rs 8,600 crores.
- KFW has released funds for completion of the first phase of work.
- The team has expressed satisfaction over the work done so far and assured to provide loan for remaining work.
- The Central government has signed an agreement with the KFW for the construction of Nagpur Metro.
- Nagpur Metro rail is the first metro rail project in the country to have been funded through ODA procedure.
Narinder Sharma is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and marketing executive.
His interest is in the Railways , Metro and Transportation Sector of India .
Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information .