Date of Post: 14 June, 2018
In the second phase, the Nagpur Metro will be expanded to 48.3 km, in which total 35 metro stations are proposed. A DPR of Nagpur Metro phase II has been prepared in collaboration with the RITES (Rail India Technical and Economic Service), to facilitate public transport system in the rural areas of the city. Mahamatro Nagpur has been fully equipped to expand the Metro network. The DPR (Detailed Project Report) prepared by Mahamatro will be submitted to the state government soon. After this the DPR will be sent to the Central Government for the approval of the Central Government. With this sanction, the Mahatma Metro has been preparing to complete the Metro Phase-II work in next 4 years.
Image Credit : Nagpur Metro
Expansion of Nagpur Metro in second phase: –
1) Automotive square to Kanhan – 12 metro stations are proposed on the 13 km long route.
2) Mihan to MIDC ESR, Butibori- 18.5 km length is proposed for 10 metro stations.
3) Prajapati Nagar to Transport Nagar – 3 metro station is proposed on the road length of 5.6 km.
4) Lokmanya Nagar to Hingana- 6.7 km length is proposed to be 7 metro stations.
5) Vasudev Nagar to Dattawadi – 3 metro station is proposed on the road length of 4.5 km.
73 Metro Stations will be built on the total 89 KM Metro lines of Phase-I and Phase-II. The Nagpur Metro will play an important role in the development of Nagpur city, which will guide the city.
Source: Nagpur Metro