Date of Post: 02 Nov, 2017
Nagpur: The DPR (Detailed Project report), being prepared by RITES, of Phase II of Nagpur Metro is nearing completion. The report will be submitted to the state government in three months.
The total length of Phase II was 57 km, Mahametro, Managing Director, Brijesh Dixit said.
The Phase-II Of Metro Rail
- He said,”Metro will be extended upto Kamptee, Butibori, Pardi and Wadi under the second phase. Its cost is over Rs 10,000 crore.”
- The final length of second Phase would be decided by Maharashtra government.
- He said,”The government will consider the financial angle too. DPR will then go to Niti Aayog followed by Union cabinet for approval.”
Early Feasibility Study Of The Project:
- Earlier, in February, RITES had completed its feasibility study & found the second Phase to be viable.
- RITES had done 3 types of surveys for finding the viability of Phase II, they are — traffic, topographic & geotechnical.
- These surveys were done for Automotive Square to Kamptee, Prajapati Nagar (near Wardhaman Nagar) to Kapsi (on Bhandara Road), Lokmanya Nagar-Hingna, Mihan-Butibori & Wasudeo Nagar-Wadi.
- Prajapati Nagar will be connected to Chhatrapati Nagar over the Inner Ring Road.
- RITES had found enough traffic volume on the these stretches to make Metro rail viable.
- Most of the expansion project will be elevated, according to Mahametro officials.