Date of Post: 03 Oct, 2018
Nagpur: Metro train for the first time plied at the peak speed of 90 Kms per hour. Nagpur Metro, on Sunday, conducted a successful trial run at the peak speed of 90 kmph. The trial run was conducted between Airport South and the Khapri Metro Stations.
- The demo run was done in the full capacity of the metro under the supervision of the officials and was termed as successful after it completed the distance.
- Once completed this distance will be covered by the metro in 18 minutes only, as per the reports.
- When collating all the data from Sunday’s tests is completed, Nagpur Metro will get permission to go upto 90 kmph.
- It has permission for only 25 kmph now – as speed increase is granted very cautiously.
- A 12 member team of Luckow based RDSO (Research Designs & Standards Organization) has been doing Oscillation trials on the metro for the last few days.
- After some initial tests, they cleared the way for a “Fully loaded” metro to run at the maximum speed of 90 kmph.
To know more about recent developments of Nagpur Metro-
Image Credit: Nagpur metro
Deepak Kumar is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and analyst .
His focus is on new initiatives on the Railway Sector of India .
Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information .