Date of Post: 13 Feb, 2019
Nagpur Metro will start trial-run of the train, today, between Khapri and Ajni Railway station. Before the proposed visit of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, the team of RDSO (Research Design and Standards Organisation) will reach Nagpur on Feb 14 and CMRS (Commissioner of Metro Rail Safety) on Feb 23 to certify the project.
- Nagpur Metro will start its journey in Reach-1 and 3 on 8 metro stations on both the routes, MahaMetro Managing Director Dr Brijesh Dixit on Monday said.
- He said, we will start operation at Khapri Station, New Airport Station, South Airport Station, Airport Station, Jaiprakash Nagar Station and Sitabuldi Station on reach-I at Wardha road.
- The construction of these Metro stations is near completion.
- The team of RDSO will reach Nagpur on February 14 to test Signal, electrical traction, railway track etc.
- The team of CMRS will reach to check break system and others.
- They will also check metro coaches which arrived from China and will be used operations in Nagpur.
- Already, the Nagpur Metro has received RDSO certificate and CMRS clearance for Khapri, New Airport, and South Airport Metro station.
- Dixit said, therefore, this is only extension of earlier certificates.
- Nagpur Metro rail will be having 3 coaches and out of them one coach will be dedicated to Women.
To know more about recent developments of Nagpur Metro –
06 Feb, 2019: Nagpur Metro to be operational by February-end
( Please reach us at email@example.com for more information. )