Date of Post: 04 Sep, 2017
Nagpur: Maha Metro is gearing up to run Metro in Nagpur from MIHAN Depot to New Airport on at-grade section of 5.6km from November this year.
On Sunday, Dr Brijesh Dixit, MD, Maha Metro inspected the on-going work along with battery of officers.
Dixit said, the Maha Metro is trying to run the Metro rail between these 2 sections from November 2017.
- “We are working hard to complete all the formalities to run the train from November. We are also preparing to start Metro Rail service upto Sitabuldi by Mid 2018,” he said.
- The team of RDSO (Research Designs & Standards Organisations) from Lucknow will take a trial of Nagpur Metro in the 2nd week of September.
- The metro laid an overhead equipment from Mihan Depot to New Airport Station for the metro.
- The Metro team is taking all precautions to complete the track as per the requirement of RDSO.
- 70% work of the station has been completed by the team.
- The work of signaling & telecommunication is going on, at full speed.
- After getting nod from the RDSO, the CMRS (Commissioner of Metro Rail Safety) will inspect the Metro & will give permission to operate the Metro Rail from MIHAN depot to New Airport station.
- The metro team is working Day and Night to complete the project work.