Date of post: 06 Feb, 2019
Nagpur: Metro rail is all geared up for starting commercial operations in city soon. MahaMetro is trying to start operation of Nagpur Metro on 19 km stretch by the end of the February. The MahaMetro is planning to start operations of Metro rail on two of its four routes from Khapri to Sitabuldi Munje Square and Lokmanya Nagar to Subhash Nagar.
- “We will start operation at Khapri Station, New Airport Station, South Airport Station, Airport Station, Jaiprakash Nagar Station and Sitabuldi Station on reach-I at Wardha road,” Dr Brijesh Dixit, MD of Maha Metro said recently at an event held at South Airport Station.
- He also said that the other route between Lokmanya Nagar and Subhash Nagar will be operational in February.
- All the formalities like certification from RDSO (Research Design Standard Organisation) and Commissioner of Metro Railway Safety (CMRS) will be completed in February, the MD said.
- About 75% physical work for entire metro corridor has been completed while financial progress achieved is more than 55%.
- The work of railway track is almost complete from Khapri to Sitabuldi.
- Construction at the Airport Station, which is first station on the elevated route, is going at a good speed.
To know more about recent developments of Nagpur Metro –
( Please reach us at email@example.com for more information. )