Date of Post: 4 Mar 2019
The Nagpur Metro will soon start rolling on its elevated tracks, becoming the second city after Mumbai in Maharashtra to have its own metro network .
- The Project has costed Rs 8,680-crore .
- Soon , the Nagpur Metro will start its commercial run on a section of its Phase-I .
- A final inspection from the CMRS (Commissioner of Metro Railway Safety) was expected within a short time though the RDSO (Research Design and Standards Organisation) of Indian Railways conducted a full-fledged trial run recently and found it fit.
- Since the North-South and East-West corridor is fully elevated, the authorities faced a little difficulty in terms of land acquisition and tunnelling .
- One salient feature of the Nagpur Metro is that 2-km stretch on North-South corridor on Nagpur-Wardha Road is a double-decker platform where road transport will operate on one level and Metro on the one above simultaneously.
To know more about recent developments of Nagpur Metro –
06 Feb, 2019: Nagpur Metro to be operational by February-end
( Please reach us at email@example.com for more information. )