Date of Post : 08 July, 2017
Nagpur: Nagpur Metro is aiming to preserve Heritage while creating a futuristic station at Kasturchand Park.
Kasturchand Park – Nagpur’s most easily recognizable landmarks
- The expansive park with the iconic bandstand is the hub of everything from high-profile events to football matches with friends.
- Its central location also makes it a crucial node in the Nagpur Metro network.
- Brijesh Dixit, MD, Nagpur Metro said that the upcoming Metro station at KP would incorporate elements of the heritage site while adopting a modern design.
- “The hi-tech concept of metro would be blended beautifully at the Kasturchand Park station. At the station, we will give the commuters the best of facilities. But we also realise the importance of this place, which is surrounded by stunning heritage structures, including Reserve Bank of India, Vidhan Bhavan and Kasturchand Park. There will be two entrances to the metro station and one of them facing Kasturchand Park, will have ethnic elements complementing the old-world charm and wealth of heritage in the neighbourhood.”
- It is heartening to note that the Metro project is combining infrastructural efficiency with aesthetic value. The designs for different stations as released by Nagpur Metro promise to be a novel addition to the Nagpur skyline.
- If these plans materialise, the beautifully designed Nagpur Metro will become a distinct attraction, rather than a dry public transport feature, in itself.