Date Of Post: 22 Dec, 2017
Nagpur: Central Railway (CR) has planned Rs 20 crore redevelopment of Nagpur & Ajni railway stations by restructuring platforms, better passenger amenities, building train capacity in the long run & boost freight train movement.
Straightening of platforms-
- As part of the sanctioned long-term plan, straightening of platforms 1, 2, & 3 will be undertaken to ease train operations, DRM (Divisional railway manager) Brijesh Kumar Gupta said.
- Besides, Ajni will be developed into satellite terminus by constructing 2 more platforms & two pit-lines.
- This will ease congestion at main station, he added.
- Gupta said,”After straightening of the platforms, goods trains will pass of smoothly even if passenger trains are waiting on platforms.”
- Gupta said,”We are close to developing Ajni as satellite terminal by adding 2 more island platforms taking the total number to 4. Some of the trains from Nagpur will be terminated and dispatched from Ajni decongesting Nagpur station. Most of these works will start next year.”
Image Credit: Ganesh Dhamodkar – Wikimedia Commons