Date of Post: 04 Dec, 2018
Mumbai: The MMRDA (Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority) has floated tender for Commissioning of 2 MW of rooftop solar panels at stations and sites of monorail. The bid-submission deadline is December 26, 2018.
- The project will be developed under RESCO mode.
- The scope of work includes the “Design, Engineering, Manufacture, Supply, Storage, Civil Work, Erection of Suitable Structure, Testing and Commissioning of Roof Top Solar PV Project Including Operation and Comprehensive Maintenance (O&M) of the Project”.
- The successful bidder will also be responsible for the operation and maintenance (O&M) of the project in RESCO Model for a period of 25 years.
- The estimated cost of project is Rs. 12 Crore and the Completion period of the Work is 12 months from Date of issue of Allotment Letter.
- An MMRDA official said,“The MMRDA has issued this tender because it wants to cut down on power costs and make the monorail premises carbon zero. We will soon be making two new monorail corridors operational in the city. This will substantially add to our operational electricity costs.”
- “This 2 MW project, once installed and operational, will help us save in millions. The entire project cost will be recovered in a few months in terms of power savings,” the official further said.
To know more about recent developments of Mumbai Metro –
Deepak Kumar is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and analyst .
His focus is on new initiatives on the Railway Sector of India .
Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information .