Date of Post: 02 Mar 2019
It is expected that the the monorail phase II corridor from Jacob Circle to Wadala will finally be opened to the public on Monday.
- According to sources “ The trial runs between Wadala and Jacob Circle have been successful and we are expecting that the footfall on the entire corridor will increase once this phase is in operation. “
- Also the onboard communication system inside the trains is not yet functioning . The authorities will use walkie-talkies like they do in the currently operation 4 monorail trains. This issue is expected to be sorted out soon .
- Authorities are confident that the opening of phase II will mean a significant rise in the ridership and revenue for the monorail.
- In its recent budget,the MMRDA (Mumbai Metro Rail Development Authority) made a provision of Rs 150 crore for the operations and maintenance of the corridor in 2019-20 .
- The authority faced issue with the spare parts for the monorail but it has been taken care of now apparently and the Monorail parts have arrived at the Wadala Depot on February 8 from Malaysia.
( Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. )