Date of Post: 28 Feb, 2019
Maharashtra Finance Minister Shri Sudhir Mungantiwar , On Wednesday , mentioned that the Metro network in Mumbai will be extended to 276 km from the current 11.4 km.
More Information on this :
- He further said the government was also committed to complete the Metro projects in other cities expeditiously.
- The Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority (MMRDA), executing agency for Mumbai Metro,has been given a nod for 276 km of network,he said.
- The Metro will be extended to satellite towns surrounding Mumbai such as Thane, Mira-Bhayander,Vasai Virar,Kalyan-Dombivali and Bhiwandi, the finance minister said.
- Metro projects are also underway in Nagpur, Pune and Navi Mumbai, and a 141.06 km Metro network will be constructed in these cities .
- Preliminary survey for a light rail transport system is being undertaken for Nashik city
To know more about recent developments of of Metro –
20 Feb, 2019: Cabinet approves Ahmedabad Metro Rail Project Phase-2
( Please reach us at email@example.com for more information. )