Date Of Post: 12 Jan, 2018
Mumbai: The MMRDA is set to extend Metro-4 from Kasarvadavali in Thane till Gaimukh. The proposal is likely to be approved by the Authority, a governing body of the MMRDA, Today. A senior MMRDA official said,“We will seek the Authority’s approval for the extension in a meeting.”
- At an estimated cost of Rs 949 crore, the Metro 4A corridor will have 2 stations – Gowniwadi & Gaimukh.
- The extension of 2.68-km will ensure that the entire Ghodbunder Road is connected by the Metro corridor till Gaimukh.
- With the Andheri East-Dahisar East Metro-7 corridor to be extended till Mira-Bhayandar, the MMRDA is considering the feasibility of extending it till Gaimukh.
- Meanwhile, the car depot for Metro 4 corridor is likely to be constructed in Gaimukh, instead of the earlier proposed site at Owale.
- The proposed 32-km Wadala-Ghatkopar-Thane-Kasarvadavali corridor will also be extended in the south till GPO.
Image Credit: EuTek Business Solutions