Date of Post: 10 Nov, 2017
Mumbai: The Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority (MMRDA) executive committee, headed by chairman Sumit Mallick, and chief secretary, Government of Maharashtra, appointed M/s Systra MVA Consulting India Pvt Ltd as Detail Design Consultants for the Wadala-Ghatkopar-Mulund-Thane-Kasarvadavali Metro-4 corridor.
“The Metro-4 corridor will not only provide quicker and safe mode of transport to the people from sister cities – Mumbai and Thane, it will also reduce vehicle trips on the route. The corridor will encourage people to opt for comfortable Metro journey compared to languishing in irritating traffic jams,” said U P S Madan, MMRDA Metropolitan Commissioner.
MMRDA Appoints Three Contractors For MTHL
The committee also accorded administrative approval to the appointment of three contractors to construct all three packages of the 22-km Mumbai Trans Harbour Link (MTHL).
The Three Packages
- The consortium of L&T-IHI will construct package 1 (Sewri side of sea bridge)
- Daewoo-TPL (JV) got package 2 (Navi Mumbai side of sea bridge)
- L&T package 3 (bridge portion on land towards Chirle)
Madan said,”MTHL, a very important area development project, will not only provide excellent connectivity with the new airport at Panvel and for traffic towards Pune and Goa, but it will also make available vast parcels of under-developed land in Navi Mumbai, creating a positive impact on the development of the city. The flyover on NH-4 will end congestion and time-consuming snarls for commuters.”
T&T Infra To Construct Flyover At Navade Phata Junction
- T&T Infra Pvt Ltd was appointed to construct a flyover at Navade Phata Junction to improve traffic and ease congestion on NH-4.
- The project includes widening of NH-4.