Date of Post: 24 Oct, 2018
Mumbai: The fare structure of the upcoming metro lines in Mumbai will be same as the one which is in force for the corridor currently in operation, said an official. The fares charged to passengers of the Mumbai Metro One corridor will be extended to the upcoming lines of the rapid transport system, the MMRDA (Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority) said.
- The 11.4km long Mumbai Metro One, which is city’s first metro corridor, operates on the Versova-Andheri- Ghatkopar section and it currently has a fare slab of Rs 10 to 40.
- 2 more metro lines are under different stages of construction.
- “The fare structure of the upcoming metro lines will be same as currently applicable in Metro One line. Fare slab of Rs 10 to 40 is quite justifiable and fare. The fare slab of Rs 10, 20, 30 and 40 are quite reasonable,” MMRDA Commissioner R A Rajeev said.
- Speaking at an event organised by the Aaj Tak news channel, he said,”I also want to stress out that financial aspect is not going to affect the execution of other big ticket projects anyway.”
- The existing metro line has a daily ridership of over 4.5 lakh.
- He said, all the metro lines will surely prove to be a game changer.
To know more about recent developments of Mumbai Metro –
Deepak Kumar is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and analyst .
His focus is on new initiatives on the Railway Sector of India .
Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information .