Date of Post: 23 Nov, 2018
Mumbai: Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis on Wednesday approved setting up of Mumbai Metro Operation Corporation Ltd for the operations and maintenance of the Mumbai Metro rail. “The establishment of Mumbai Metro Operation Corporation Ltd. is another step forward as the State expects to throw open Andheri (East) to Dahisar (East) Metro-7 and Dahisar to DN Nagar Metro-2A corridors next year,” a release in MMRDA said.
- The Corporation will be an autonomous body and will deal with operation and maintenance of Metro Lines as also Monorail, it said.
- In addition, decision to create more than 1,000 posts has also been taken.
- The Chief Minister, also launched the Green Policy developed by MMRDA for metro lines.
- The Policy will help optimize energy consumption right from the planning stage.
- Some of the key initiatives taken in this pursuit are–
- Developing Green Metro Stations by using 100% LED base smart lighting
- Optimizing air-conditioning load by using energy efficient systems
- Use of Occupancy sensors to optimize lighting load
- Harvesting Natural light to supplement station/depot lighting
- Solarisation of all Elevated stations, Car Depots & Control center
- Using Green technology in Rolling Stock
- In recognition of the green initiatives adopted by MMRDA for its metro network,‘The Indian Green Building Council in association with CII’ has issued certificate registering “52 elevated metro stations” planned for Metro Lines 2A, 2B and 7 under IGBC Green MRTS rating.
- This implies that MMRDA will get ‘Green Certification’ for all its stations on completion of works.
To know more about recent developments of Mumbai Metro –
Deepak Kumar is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and analyst .
His focus is on new initiatives on the Railway Sector of India .
Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information .