Date of Post: 18 Dec, 2018
Mumbai: Reliance Infrastructure Ltd promoted, Mumbai Metro One (MMOPL) has installed and commissioned a 612 KWp capacity roof-top solar power plant atop the Metro Depot in D.N. Nagar, an official said. A total of 2,000 rooftop solar panels have been installed on the Metro Depot along with associated supporting and cabling works.
- This is in addition to 2.30MW solar power capacity installed at all the 12 metro stations since April 2017.
- The official said that the Metro Depot solar project has been set up on RESCO (Renewable Energy Service Company) model with a power purchase agreement for 25 years, besides operations and maintenance for the entire period.
- The 612 KWp rooftop plant will fulfill 25% of the auxiliary energy requirements of the Metro Depot’s campus.
- It is expected to help the MMOPL save around Rs. 50 lakh per annum.
- The MMOPL has signed a power purchase agreement with the vendor for 25 years for setting up the panels, its operations, and maintenance.
To know more about recent developments of Mumbai Metro –
Narinder Sharma is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and marketing executive.
His interest is in the Railways , Metro and Transportation Sector of India .
Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information .